Welcome to Independent Memorial Inspection
his site is the WEB home of Independant Memorial Inspection (IMI).
An established company undertaking memorial headstone inspection on behalf
of Burial Authorities. Over the last ten years IMI has an impressive CV
including large cemeteries, London Boroughs, District Councils, Borough
Councils, Town Councils as well as Parish Councils – no one to big or small.
All clients treated to the same high standards and professionalism. Tens of
thousands of memorials have been inspected by the skilled, dedicated and
IMI only undertake an independent memorial inspection and immediate action
to ensure the memorial is safe, as required under the HSE, Occupiers
Liability, MOJ Guidance following the industries and government
IMI is an independent company and is not a member of any organisation or
industry group, this ensure IMI’s impartiality and high standard of work
MI also offer the service of cleaning and conserving War Memorials using
only methods approved by War Memorials Trust and English Heritage. We
work in tandem and liaise with In Memoriam 2014 enduring the safety of
our Nations War Memorials as well as with The United Kingdom National
Inventory of War Memorials who keep an up to date record of all the war
memorials nationally. A number of clients have undertaken the operations
with grants for the works which IMI carry out the works to the high
standards required for the grants.
These services are provided nationally from our Midlands base, not location
is to far to provide a high standard of service.
Aims of Independent Memorial Inspections:
• Help provide a safe, aesthetic and tranquil environment for public, mourners, staff and contractors.
• Assist landowners to undertake an asset register of all memorials within the cemeteries.
• Aid the Burial Authority to achieve it’s requirements under Health & Safety requirements.
• Conserve and maintain War Memorials for the future
• Ensure all works are carried out to high standards using correct conservation techniques
Objectives of Independent Memorial Inspections:
• Ensure memorials are left in a safe condition once inspected, complying with Health and Safety at Work Act and Occupiers liability.
• Ensure War Memorials are cleaned/maintained to the high standards of English Heritage and the War Memorial Trust. Work with our partners to keep War Memorials safe from theft and recorded nationally.
• Ensure public safety at all times.
• To provide a professional service to clients.
• Be professional, polite at all times.
• Be completely independent of all parties involved, land owners, grave owners, insurance companies and stone masons.
• Provide a complete thorough report of all grave memorials inspected within the cemetery.
• Undertake works as requested by the client.
• Provide accurate invoicing.
• Tailor our service to the need of the client